Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cement work.

I've been wanting to install a cement pad at the Brooklyn flying circle for quite a while. I'vew worn a spot down to dirt and it gets stuck in the tread of my shoes. Today I finally figured out how to make the forms and other small steps. I cut four pieces of plywood three inches by 48 inches for the forms and bought 3 bags of quick krete. I used the water tank from the pop up camper to bring the water and loaded the truck with tools. After getting the forms made and in position the 3 bags didn't look like enough to fill the forms. I walked over to the edge of the dump and got a wagon full of sand. I leveled that in the forms and started to mix the cement. The forms took every bit of the 3 bags but they are full to the top. Just as I was mixing the last bag it started to rain lightly. By the time I finished it was raining a bit harder. I covered the cement and went home.
  My order from Tower Hobbies came in today. I've change the PT-73 quite a bit and I'm in the middle of sanding and filling. The new plane is ready for covering then paint.
 I mailed a quart of castor oil to LA on Mnday.

No comments: