Friday, July 5, 2013

It is summer.

Yesterday the temp was in the low 90's and the dew point was 75 degrees. Today the temp things are a tad higher. I found that I could put one of the tongue mufflers on my plane "Red Molly". I checked on the Brodak web site and found where the c/g should be for the plane that the wing came from. It is right on the money with the lighter muffler. A made few tweaks on the push rod and the handle too. I went to the Sterling school this morning and got in a quick flight. I was surprised that the turns are good and it's pretty stable in level flight. The wind picked up so I only flew the one flight. I sized up the Elantra and found that I can get a plane in the back seat area. I tried to find out how to remove the rear seat cushion but the instructions didn't match. I pulled up and the seat popped out of it's holders. Maybe I can get two planes in. I would like to bring one of the P-39/63's for war bird stunt and a good stunter. I made a line clip bender out of a 3/4-16 bolt and nut from a picture on the web. They want $25.00 plus shipping. I paid $4.75. Now I have to get some .035 wire to bend. They want $00.50 for 12 inches of wire. Last Saturday I saw a full size Mitsubishi pickup truck on the highway. I haven't seen one before or heard any advertising. There was a V8 emblem on the side. I also saw the Hyundai Genesis V8 brochure at the dealers. 429 H.P. out of 302 cu. in. None on the show room floor. The damaged P-63 is waiting for some paint to arrive. I was happy to have used up all the olive drab on that plane and didn't have any left over. Now I'll have lots after thinning. I made a sheeted foam stab and re used the elevators. That should prevent fluttering.

No comments: