Sunday, July 7, 2013

It is still summer.

85 degrees and climbing at 1100. Too warm to fly at 0900 even. The repair parts I ordered from Brodak came in Saturday as I was mowing the lawn. Fed Ex. I masked the areas to be painted and brought the plane into the garage to warm up. I was going to bring the compressor into the basement to cool but it would take a long time. I mixed the paint and plumbed in the spray gun hose and gave the repaired areas two coats of olive drab. I have enough paint left over for another plane. I painted the underneath areas with light grey the day before. I glued the elevators on and waited until this morning to spray the flat clear urethane. It's drying and by tomorrow I should be able to re assemble it ready for test flights. I made a 6 ounce metal tank for it and cut out a pocket for the tank to sit in between the engine bearers. That worked well on the Banshee. I wanted to fly Red Molly today but it's too hot. Maybe this evening. I installed the wheel pants that came with the original kit that crashed. Mostly for looks.

No comments: