Saturday, November 23, 2013

One down, more to go.

I finished the Stuka Stunt model I bought in June at the Brodak Flyin. The winds are too high today and higher tomorrow so the first flights will have to wait. It's for old time stunt.
I was ready to start painting the Polynesian when I noticed the gloss white paint I had was lacquer and not enamel. That's on hold for now.
The high school class is going good. Someone finally got a minor cut last week. I was getting worried. The radios and engines have been ordered and should be in shortly. The covering is going well and I have been able to keep waste to a minimum. I bought 200 single edge razor blades and that has helped the covering process. I also made templates for the fuselage covering pieces to reduce scrap and that is working too. The injuries will come when the electric motors are connected to the batteries for the first time.  I will keep the propellers hidden from them until everything is working properly and the class has been properly warned.

No comments: