Saturday, November 30, 2013

Finally found the leak.

During the summer I noticed the coolant in the El Camino was going down. I searched and found drops on the lower radiator hose and tightened the clamp. Yesterday I checked again and found the coolant low again. I ran it around to warm it up and parked it in the garage. Today there was a puddle near the right front tire. No smell to the liquid and it was oily feeling. The oil level is up and the brake fluid is up. I started it and backed out of the garage and let it run for a bit. I noticed droplets falling to the ground and finally figured that the water pump is bad. Or at least I hope that is the problem. I could wiggle the fan and pump a bit too much so while the engine was warm, 32 degrees today, I removed the pump. With the engine running the pump sounded like it has a broken ball bearing. NAPA didn't have one in stock and a new one will be in Tuesday morning.
 We finally got the electrician and he will be here Monday morning to start wiring the basement properly. New outlets in the bedroom floors too.

No comments: