Thursday, November 28, 2013

Quick test flight.

The winds were down and the temp. was acceptable so I loaded the Stuka up and headed for the field. It took a bit of doing but the engine got started and the needle set where it belongs. But not before several kick backs against the chicken stick and prop loosenings. As I tweaked the needle I managed to get my thumb nail into the back of the prop. Something whizzed by my cheek lightly touching it. I looked at my thumb nail and it was shorter but not ripped off into the quick and not bleeding. I continued the flight and landed. I found that the trailing edges of the prop were missing and that must have been what touched my cheek. A few very minor cuts that barely bled. The plane flew pretty good with the damaged prop. I tweaked the flaps when I got home to level the wings.

No comments: