Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ran short.

I got some monokote from Tower and figured I had enough of a trim color to finish the plane. Nope. I put an email out to the club members and got enough to finish the job. I sprayed both planes with the first coat of primer this morning.
 I met one of the donors at the field and I had the P-63 with me. Just as I was about to flip the prop he drove in. I did get in a flight and near the end the plane was banking when I moved the controls. After landing I saw that the outside flap had pulled away from the wing. All the hinges were loose causing a large gap between the flap and the wing. I glued them in again and will install a pin for good measure.
  In the latest issue of Control Line World the center fold has a reduced set of plans for a model stunt plane. .46 size. I brought the center fold to Staples and they were able to enlarge it 395% at one shot. I put them in the barrel as I still have the Bearcat kit waiting.

No comments: