Tuesday, August 18, 2015

First flight.

I let the paint cure for over 20 hours before installing the engine and other stuff. The all up weight is 47.5 ounces and the c/g is 1/4 inch aft of the fwd c/g location. I still have 1/2 inch to go aft and still be in the range on the plans. It just happened that way. I set the leadout position as I generally do and changed wheels to get more ground clearance.
  The first flight was a half tank and all that was needed was to shorten the down line 1/4 inch. Two more flights at 4 ounces of fuel and I was able to do the full pattern of maneuvers. Some crap in the home made tank played havoc with the engine run and I cleaned it out when I got home. I used the handle and lines from the Hound Dog and made up a new set for the Mo' Best with a new handle.I should be able to get in some more flights tomorrow morning.

No comments: