Monday, August 17, 2015

Seven day wait is over.

After reading the directions on the can of spray paint I found that I had to get all coats of paint on within an hour or wait 7 days. I sprayed the base white last week and masked the trim color this morning. I put the plane in the garage where the temp. gets kinda high during the day so the paint would cure faster or something.  Anyway I sprayed the orange red trim color and then the clear within an hour to finish the process. I had the paint cans in the garage also and found that they shouldn't have been. The paint firmed up too fast at the higher temp. The clear got a bit of cloudy in it because of the faster cure. But that won't hurt it's flying ability. I'll install the engine and tank tomorrow.
  Since 1999 I've been saving the state quarters and then national park and other special quarters.  I figured I should cash them in so they wouldn't be home alone. I got $1653.50. I used a kids wagon to get the 4 jars from the truck into the bank.

No comments: