Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Ready to fly.

After much searching I copied the paint scheme on my Nomad 5. I had the paint and something to go by so it worked. I put it back together and set the controls again and the paint has had a chance to cure. I charged the batteries for the electric planes and they are next up so the Mo'Best will have to wait a bit.
  The new engine parts came in from Japan late last week. I have 3 smaller engines that share common parts with the larger engine I'm building. I only ordered the missing parts needed to build two complete engines. The crankcase, the cylinder head and the piston pin. I had bought the piston and liner years ago from Tower Hobbies and I have 9 spare back plates not counting the ones on the donor engines. Anyway, I got both engines assembled in a couple hours without hurrying. I made hex socket head bolts for the head and they were ready for use. The stock bolts are Phillips and strip easily.
  I've been running engines on boards clamped to anything handy and that is getting old. I won an engine test stand in a raffle and I mounted it on a 2 x 6 and still had to clamp that to something. Yesterday i checked the saw horse supply at Home Depot and found a plastic one for under  $20.00. I bolted the 2 x 6 to the top of it and ran the engines. Much easier. I'll put one on the Shark 610 and the other on the Bearcat.

No comments: