Monday, March 12, 2018

Moving right along.

With the adjustments working on my profile planes the Mo'Best is getting a make over. I removed the paint with thinner and stripper and scraping. Now it's filling and sanding. I never liked the paint scheme but it didn't fly well enough to put all the work into the new finish until now. Now I have to find a design I like and can easily copy.
  I found that the manufacturer of the engines I use has a stash of parts for them. They discontinued the engine a while back and complete engines are scarce and getting quite expensive. I ordered two crankcases and heads as I have all the other parts to make two complete engines. The parts are coming from Japan so it may take a while.
  I have decided on a diet for my engines of full synthetic oil fuel after every 15 flights to clean out the castor oil residue that fouls the engine and causes erratic running.
  The first contest I can make is in El Dorado, Ar in early May. The next is in Dallas in early June. Another in Canton Ga in Aug.

No comments: