Tuesday, April 17, 2018

New boots.

Flying after a rain can be a problem. I have shoe rubbers but the water in the ditch can be deeper than the rubbers are tall. I looked at Amazon and found a pair of boots for $25.00. I flew with them on today just to see what they are like. The dew on the grass wasn't a problem.
  I've been slowly moving the leadouts forward on  the planes and they are flying better. Up until this afternoon the planes have been very slightly nose down when hung from the leadouts using a level on the nose. Today I figured that since I put almost 4 ounces of fuel in the tank maybe I don't need the nose to hang low at all with an empty tank. I hung the Mo'Best and put a 2 ounce fishing sinker on the nose in the tank area and set the leadouts to where the plane is very slightly nose low. So when the fuel load is in it will hang nose low for half the flight and the engine offset will help keep it out on the lines. That's the plan anyway. I plan to test it in the morning.
  I flew the Legacy 40 I built several years ago today. It's flying very well. This is the first time since I added 1/2 inch to the elevator. It was a good move as the plane is stable in level flight and has a real good corner. I may take it to El Dorado.

No comments: