Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Bearcat to Blue Angles.

Several years ago I won a Bearcat kit in a raffle at the Baton Rouge contest. Building it challenged my skills but it came out pretty good. I added decals to make it look like a run of the mill Navy Bearcat. Recently the guy that I get my graphics from made Blue Angles graphics for the B
earcat that I built. After some thinking I asked how to get the decals off without pulling the paint off with them? I got some good advise and removed the decals with very little damage. I did some research and saw where the new graphics should go and got them applied. What I didn't realize is that the top of the wing is mostly bare as it can't be seen while the plane is flying or sitting on the ground. So naturally the graphics are on the bottom of the wing where it can't be seen on a model airplane. It seems to me the Navy should have left the star and bar on the top of the wing.
 This is one of the planes that I put one of the new engines in. I haven't flown it yet with it's new engine and colors but I have flown it in the past. I may take to the El Dorado contest next month. I was told that the number 52 represents the years the Blue angles had been in existence when the real plane was restored. The number 2 on the fin represents me trying to hide a bit of damage from removing the old graphics. I needed a wide number.


1 comment:

Sweet Pea said...

Super clever!