Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Thinning the herd.

A day or so after the picture in the last post was taken I was flying that plane and directly overhead the engine stopped. I couldn't run fast enough to get the lines tight enough to regain control and the plane hit straight down. I salvaged the hardware and the engine is OK. I did a post crash inspection of the engine and fuel system and found that there was fuel left in the tank. Then I noticed that the clunk at the end of the fuel pick up tube had fallen off and was rolling around the tank. That is a first. I've had the tube fall off the pipe to the outside but this is the first time the clunk has come off.
I brought out the P-40B I got from the school and started flying it so I can take it to the contest.
 I started building another plane in the mean time. I'm using a foam wing and stab. on this one.

No comments: