Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Cooler in the morning.

If I get to the park at 0700 I can get in maybe 2 flights before it get too hot. Yesterday and today the temp was below 75 at 0700 not 80 as it has been.
 We got there early and I got in 2 flights each with the P-39 and the Nomad 5. I had changed engines on the P-39 again. I put the LA .46 back on removing the EVO .52. It was a wise decision as it now turns a lot better with the lighter engine. I also put shorter lines on it. That will let me fly a bit slower and  that will let it turn tighter corners too.
  I'm not happy with the Gypsy after refinishing the plane so I won't bring it to the contest next weekend. Only the Tn Hound Dog, the P-39 and the Nomad5 will make the trip. When I get the Super Chief flying the way I want I can use it in 3 events.
This is a telephoto shot as the building is at least 500 feet away.

No comments: