Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Almost done.

So far I've painted the hatch cover three times and the nose piece just in front of the hatch 4 times. The hatch cover came out all right after the clear coat but the nose didn't change. Something was coming through the color when I applied the clear. Today I hit on a fix for the nose. I sanded it some and then brushed on two coats of color. Now in a few days I will color sand the paint and polish it without putting on any clear. If that don't work it will be that way until it's through it's flying days. I've been experimenting with the first Legacy. I had painted the nose black after putting in the electric system. I sanded the black off and then got some enamel spray paint to go over the original paint. Spraying the same paint over itself causes a lot of problems. So far the enamel hasn't attacked the other paint. It will take a few weeks to harden but should look better than the black. I had to do a lot of filling and sanding to remove the openings for the engine.

No comments: