Sunday, March 1, 2020

That will leave a mark.

Either the new gun was too big or the paint wasn't thinned enough. The mess that followed was painful to look at. I needed to re paint the hatch cover and nose but when I sprayed a clear coat with another gun the green almost faded out. I don't have any more green so that is on the to do list. Several other areas needed shaping up and I just have the nose and hatch to fix.That won't stop me from a test flight when the winds calm down a bit. This time of year, in the deep south, is generally a bit breezy. If I get out before 8 am on Tuesday I should be golden. I just need to turn the flight time down to minimum, 2 minutes. I did cut another vent hole in the bottom sheeting for cooling. I'm working on the first Legacy getting it sanded and primed, mostly for experience in painting. Plus the nose looked real bad. I could use it as a back up for the new one if need be.

No comments: