Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Some success with the Go Devil.

After putting the back plate back on the engine it ran a lot better. I got a few flights this morning and the controls are a lot more even. I still don't like the way it flys so it's back on the raffle list. The second plane with the same control problem is up next. I added a one degree shim under the engine and will fly it in the morning to see how well that worked.I measured the up/down thrust and found a 7/16" difference between the prop at top and bottom. I don't know what it was before adding the shim but it couldn't have been much at all. That should be enough to make a noticable change in how it flys. It's a pretty little plane but if I can't get it to fly the way I want the raffle is waiting.
The multi winged plane is from a contest in Wrentham, Ma several years ago. I needed to put it here so I can use it to post on a forum.

No comments: