Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Fancherized and Roserized Sig Twister.


After losing the Twister in a power off one point landing and reading about the Fancherized
Twister I set about adding my two cents worth. I added two inches to the wing center
section as it was in pieces from the crash. I also added adjustable leadouts ala Fancher
article. The fuse. was made new and three inches longer as in the article. I angled the
fuse. rear down towards the fin as I didn't care for the Fancherized fuse. shape. I kept
the new fin/rudder shape though. Another bit of advice I used was to make the stab.
and elevator thicker, which I did. 1/4 inch thick. I added a 3/8 thick block to the insideof the nose for support ala article and I sanded the thing ala article too. It workedvery well. I used lite ply on the nose doublers and in the engine mounting area I pokedmany pinholes in the lite ply then applied three coats of thin CyA to harden the soft wood.I also ran the engine bearers back to the wing cutout. I used the Sig supplied three piecelanding gear wires. Not being able to leave well enough alone I added 3/8" to each wing tipfor a total wing span of 50 3/4 inches. I found that rustoleum has a spray can of lacquerclear. I put on two coats on the fuse. light sanded and brushed on a coat of thinned
spackle. I'm going to give it one more coat of lacquer and then paint. Monokote for the
wing and stab so I can use monokote hinges as the leading edges of the flaps and elevator
are hardwood dowels. I liked the picture of the 19 pointer on the forum so I plan to do
something like it.

Why is this double spacing on me? The wing looks a lot longer than it really is.

3 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Good start Dad. I'll see if i can help with the spacing issues. How are you hosting the pictures you post? Does Blogger let you do it through their site?

2Evil4U said...

for what it's worth, the page looks very good on my pda. not sure why it would be different.

2Evil4U said...

I'm going to speculate that you are hitting the Enter key when you get close to the right edge of the text box. No need to do that unless you want to start a new paragraph. The text will wrap automatically. That could be confusing the formatting a bit.