Wednesday, July 11, 2007

More Pics.







I'm still trying to get used to this stuff. Here is a few more shots of my fleet of control line models. The P-51 was built from an article in Model Avaition mag. It is supposed to have

a full fuselage but I didn't want to take the time so I made it a profile. Too many WW2

fighter models have invasion stripes so I used a color scheme from one of the Tuskeegee

airmen units. The ones in the group photo are a Ringmaster from original Sterling plans

I got from the AMA plans service,Fox .35 power, the one with the kite shapes on the

wing is a scaled down and profile version of a "Strathmoor". A early 60's design. Fox .15.

And the half-A from hell. A copy from M.A.N. early 60's. I'm going to try to put one more

photo in here. It worked, I think. Now it's double spacing on me. The fuselages on the rack
are bottom to top, The Beachcomber, Prettner's Curare a fg/foam kit, The Sultan, The
Taurus, The Reb, The Boxer from plans from Salient Designs. Standing are the Astro Hog,
The Deception and The Panzer another f/g and foam kit. Other than the Boxer, Curare and
Panzer all were made from M.A.N. plans I enlarged out of the mag. I needed something to
do when I retired and this fit the bill nicely. Many models are legal for Old time pattern
contests and Senior Pattern contests. Luckily for me there are no contests of this type
near enough to here. All dressed up and no where to go. Ya hoo.



No comments: