Tuesday, August 7, 2007

More power for the Ringmaster

I must have 20 differant size r/c engines. Most of them are in an r/c plane. Makes sense. The forums I've been following sometimes refer to an r/c engine in a c/l plane. Why not. I have a well used, strong running Fox .40 r/c hanging around and the Fox .35 in the Ringmaster has been running very well. Why not remove it and install the .40? I give up, why? Because.... If something is working well add more power and it should work.... well.The .40 has a larger case where it mounts so I had to relieve the mounting area somewhat. In order to maintain interchangability I made two 1/8 inch spacers that move the engine out away from the fuse. so I wouldn't ruin the motor mounts. I bolted the spacers to the fuse. and then bolted the engine to the spacers. Now by removing four bolts I can change engines if t he .40 doesn't pan out. My preferred flying site is a grade school yard that has summer school in session. Crumb grabbers everywhere. The fall back site is a ball field quite near some houses so I can't fly as early as at the school. The temperature and humidity are quite high right now so I will have to wait for a break to test the Ringmaster. I put a pushrod anchored to the sheet landing gear leg up to the carb. to hold it wide open. After getting the c/g moved forward the Twister is flying better than ever. It still is light at 44 ounces. I wonder how an Enya .45 SS would work? Well, I'll bet.

No comments: