Saturday, February 7, 2009

More El Camino stuff.

I got the dash installed today. I had trouble lining it up at first but it went in close enough to get the instruments screwed in. Then I had to unscrew the instruments to get the shift indicator installed. Then the fuel gage didn't work. I removed the bad one and installed the original. That took about an hour. Then the headlight switch had a bent shaft so I used the other one. Then the dash lights wouldn't work. Another half hour until I figured clockwise was off and c.c. is on. The glove box light was a pain but worked when I found a bulb for it. Then I noticed the old glove box door has maint. info on it so I changed the door inserts. Now the door stop lever is missing from the new one and I tried to install the one from the old one but the screw holes are stripped. I got some J B Weld curing in the holes so tomorrow I'll finish that. The engine started and ran, the lights work two good signs. All in all I spent 4 hours installing the dash and final routing the vent hoses. The new heater worked too.

1 comment:

Perry Rose said...

Mom helped a little bit! Signed, Mom