Monday, February 9, 2009

We have heat without the stink.






I put the anti freeze back into the radiator and started the El Camino this afternoon. I tweaked the electric choke a bit to keep it running when cold and it helped. I backed it out of the garage and warmed it up for a bit before turning on the heater. Warm air came out and all is well. I found a leaking fuel line and tightened it and checked all screw clamps on the engine. I called Vintage Air and told them about the excess #10 a/c hose and that I wanted a new fitting for the compressor end so I can shorted the hose. One of the pictures shows how the hose snakes around the engine bay on it's way to the compressor. The black paint I used on the dash isn't the same as the black on the dash pad. Somehow I didn't get the picture of the left side of the dash to post.

No comments: