Thursday, February 26, 2009

More new stuff.

The fender "El Camino" emblems came in. The GM Restorations parts still sealed bag is marked 71 to 75 emblems. They look real nice. I put them against the fender and the middle peg is about an inch off the hole. I compared the one I had to the new one and the peg is on opposite sides of the letter "a" in Camino. The end pegs fit. I got the drill and now the new ones fit too. The lettering covers the old hole. I installed the new speakers while I was already frozen. High 20's gusting to 40 for 2 days.The new speakers are small but came with their own mounting brackets that fit the existing holes. The wiring pigtail that came with the units is way too short so I cut and soldered the connectors to longer speaker wire. That meant removing the speakers so I could plug the wires into the speakers. I found some repro. wheel well trim on Amazon. $40.00 cheaper than the other places. I also found a 3 groove pulley on ebay and will try to get it as the a/c compressor runs off the 3rd groove. There's a pair of 350 emblems I'm watching too. Maybe today will be warmer.

No comments: