Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Update

I'm closing in on completing the heater installation in the El Camino. It snowed again yesterday and now it's too cold to do any work on it. I had to modify the compressor bracket to get the pulleys to line up. I didn't think that should be the case. The hose from the a/c unit to the compressor is 2 feet too long and I'm thinking about getting a new end and cutting the hose to size and having Bob Barry crimp it back together. I also have a 4 foot hard line left over. A mistake in packing as it doesn't show up on the directions anywhere. I hope I found the right wire to tap into for the computer power. I still have to run the duct hoses and install the dash board. I found that the other hose from the heater to the condenser is better being routed between the fender and wheel well after the fact. I pulled it through and then had to remove the battery again to connect it to the hard line. The directions are lacking at best. I have been plugging the bypass port on my Fox .35's to get rid of the 'burp'. I cleaned the port and put some JB weld in it. I heated the case and JB and let it flow out and harden. I lightened a piston and found out why it's so long. The intake and exhaust ports are now open to the outside and the engine wont run like that. But if it did it would be close to balanced. I can't just but a piston I have to get the cylinder liner too as they are a set.

No comments: