Saturday, March 21, 2009

Off to the painters

All went well on the drive to Groton to bring the El Camino to my son-in-laws garage so the body shop can drive over from New London to bring it to his shop. I can't figure that out as New London is closer for me than Groton. Anyway it's off to the painters. I went to the dog track this afternoon with the orange plane with a McCoy .35 on it. It ran very well, I'm pleased. I started the full pattern after days of telling myself my fleet will get a thinning before I get the new pattern down. And that I should practice over dirt and not asphalt. After flying the orange plane I took out the Progeny and got three takeoffs and two landings. During the clover leaf I lost the plane behind me and didn't recover. When I got home I field stripped the hardware and bagged the rest. The engine got bent and I had to scrap the block, main bearing, prop stud and new muffler. Now I got some rebuild parts for the other .40's. I started the hot rod and put that back in it's stall. I have to wash the dust off it some day.

1 comment:

Teena said...

Is there a pic of the Hotrod? Love to see before and after shots!