Thursday, March 19, 2009

Firewall pictures.



This shows the place where the a/c unit was. The white line outlines the block off plate supplied with the Vintage Air kit. The hoses exit through the vent hole in back of the fender. The wheel well has to come off. One hose stays inside the fender and connects to the condenser behind the battery. Demand a 90 degree fitting for the #10 hose at the compressor and an "S" bend fitting on the heater unit under the dash. Also note how long the hose is. I asked for and received a 90 degree fitting and will shorten that hose when I install the new fitting. The complete OEM heater a/c system is removed including the wiring harness. The dash may not have to be removed to shorten the glove box if you have a small cut off wheel. You may be able to cut it from inside the box. That will save a lot of work. My original engine had a two groove pulley and I had to get a 3 groover. This was an original a/c car. I don't know what happened to the pulley as all my paperwork shows a 3 groove pulley for the original. If everything goes right I am taking it for paint this Saturday. Original cranberry red and a black SS stripes. No it's not an SS.

No comments: