Saturday, October 23, 2010

First flights in a week.

We went to the dog track this morning and I got in 3 flights after installing a new needle valve assembly. I bought 3 at the contest from Tom Dixon who I bought many Bolly props from 20 years ago. The spray bar has 2 holes instead of the normal one. I put one on the Primary Force too as the one in it broke on the inverted crashes. I noticed that the extra hold allows fuel to flow into the venturi and flood the engine if I'm not careful. After the flights I had the engine set about right.
I mixed 5 gallons of fuel and am about a third through the first gallon. It works well. I used to mix in gallon jugs and found that to be stupid. I did lots of figuring to get the right oil and nitro plus the spills. Now I put three gallons of methanol plus 10 ounces in a 5 gallon plastic can and 1 gallon minus 10 ounces of oil, 118 ounces, and 1 gallon of fuel that has 10% nitro and 22% oil. Mixed throughly. A lot easier and faster.
The storms that went through here last week tore a piece of siding loose from the house. I nailed it back in place.
I'm getting to the point where the first plane will be glued together soon. I deceided on the paint scheme from the Calypso pattern plane. Simple to do. Might even name it Calypso.

No comments: