Friday, October 29, 2010

Got a roundtoit.

Well not the r/c plane but the sink drain. I tried to get a union so I could open the pipe over and over but the store didn't have any. I got a coupling and started in. I hacksawed the pipe about in the middle of the run. Then tried to force a water hose inside. After a while I got enough hose in the lower half of the pipe to get it flushed out. The other half up to the sink was a bear. I had to take the trap apart and stick a hose in there. It backed up and clogged the pipe. I ran a snake up the pipe and hosed it from the cellar and again from the sink. The clog finally came out and I kept hosing and snaking to get all the crap I could out. It smelle the basement and house up pretty good but I opened up some windows and it's airing out nicely. I used a 54 gallon barrel to catch the crap water and put about 30 gallons in it. I had to use a 5 gallon pail to get the barrel light enough to safely move. I think I'll try to get a union at Home Depot or 4 of them so I won't have to go around the elbows with the hose next time.

1 comment:

Qu'que chose said...

Thank you! Almost 30 years of build up! Doesn't seem possible.