Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Got a lot done today.

I removed all the signs before sun up. After breakfast at Lizzy B's I loaded a bunch of stuff on the truck and brought it to the dump. On the way home I stopped at the gravel pit off Rte. 12 at Hopkins Hill and got a ton of loam to fill in the ruts left by the logging truck. The truck weighs 5350 empty and I got 2670 pounds of loam and we used it all to fill the ruts. After that I went to the dog track and got in 3 flights with the PT-23. I brought the old wooden plane stand I made for the r/c stuff to hold the plane inverted so the engine is upright so I can warm it up easier. Starting it cold inverted is a pain. This works very well. I got in some horseshoe practice after that and tried some suggestions I got at the indoor league Tues. More of a back swing to stop the short shoes. It worked. The new plane is coming along. I am making a removeable section at the tail of the fuse. so I can get at the elevator push rod. Figuring out a way to hold it on is slowing things a bit. Tomorrow I get the new cap for Mr. Happy Tooth. Rain is forecast.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

How'd the truck do with the weight in the bed? My dually with 6000# of pea gravel in the back didn't even hit the bump stops and drove very well.

Qu'que chose said...

I knew it was there but there was no problems.