Sunday, November 7, 2010

Findings.











I flew the PT-23 and the older Snow Fox yesterday. both wandered up and down in level flight. I remembered the Flite Streak doing the same thing and that I found the leadouts rubbing on the ribs. After an hour of looking and taking the control system apart I found the ball link that is on the bell crank was binding quite a bit. It should be loose. I loosened the nut on the bolt that holds it to the bell crank and all is well. A dab of super glue hopefully holds the nut on. I relieved the wood around the leadouts at the wing tip and put some grease on the leadouts as they pass through the leadout guide. I went through the fleet checking for binding and greasing the leadouts. I could feel some improvement on the planes. This should make level flight more stable.




I spent the morning assembling the new plane. Lots of holes for the muffler and needle valve were drilled and I didn't make a mess out of it. Although I should have cut the holes before painting. I did make longer landing gear, 1/2 inch. Now there is clearance for the 12 inch props.

No comments: