Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A sight I've been dreading.

I went to horseshoes this morning and road construction had the local streets I use blocked off. I wandered around a bit and headed for home. I saw a street that wasn't blocked and took it. I got around the mess but just barely.
The winds are light so I got home as fast as reasonable and packed up for the dog track. Both entrances have been blocked by very large piles of dirt from the big pile. A good 6 feet high. No chance of getting in at all. As I turned around a state cop and a local cop pulled up but didn't bother me and I left. I headed for the old school in Oneco but the grass hasn't been mowed in a while. I drove to the field in Dayville, no one was there as usual. I set up on the runway and got in two flights and came home. I should go back with a mower and trim the corners to accommodate my planes. At best I'll have 180 degrees of mowed grass to take off and land. I'll use that on week days and the new school in Sterling on weekends. It was good while it lasted.

No comments: