Monday, November 8, 2010

Bad weather.

It snowed last night. over two inches of "there may be a wet flake or two overnight". And it rained to make slush. Windy too.
I took out the engine I won in the raffle last month and drilled the venturi to accept an OS spray bar. It would run about 5 minutes on 4 ounces of fuel in it's original condition. It used a spray bar with a nipple sticking into the venturi. Now there is a .136 bar going all the way through the venturi. I put 4 ounces in the tank and ran it to see the changes. 10 minutes on the 4 ounces now. I removed a Fox .35 from the Magician and the Evo .36 bolted right on. I removed the 2 ounce weight as the Evo is 2 plus ounces heavier than the Fox. I assembled the 3 ounce furl tank I won in the raffle and strapped it on the plane. With the snow and wind it may be a while before I can test fly it.
I searched the house for a doll head to put on the new plane but came up short. I sealed the cut outs and final assembled the engine and plumbed the tank so it's ready to go except for the canopy.

No comments: