Friday, November 26, 2010

Ready to go.

I taped and sprayed the red on the new plane last evening. This morning I removed the tape and the lines are good where the blue tape was and crappy where the yellow tape was. Bot are fine line tape but the yellow is older. Anyway it isn't too bad and I sprayed on two coats of Dupli-Color wheel coating clear. That really made it look good. All the sanding and filling helped most.
I went to the flying field with the Primary Force/Evo .36 this noon. I hadn't flown it in over a year. It started up, being warmed with hot water. I got in a pattern and made a needle adjustment for the second flight. Too much adjustment at 6.4 sec. lap times. I didn't do anything dumb this time. I tweaked the needle and got in another pattern except fot the over head stuff as it was still in the 6.1 sec. range. I have to try some fuel with less oil. I painted a circle to stand in so I wouldn't hit the flight box or the fence on takeoff and landing. When I got home I built a stooge that is a large nail with a clevis attached for the pin to go through. That way I can move the box out of the way and not have to worry about hitting it on landing.

No comments: