Thursday, November 11, 2010

Still windy.

I got tired of waiting for a pilot head so I painted the inside of the canopy silver and glued it on. To clean the installation up I used some silicone sealant as a fillet all around the canopy glue joint. Now if the winds will ever die down.
During the lull in flying I located a binding ball joint on the PT-23 and fixed it. As I found out with the Flite Streak any rubbing of the controls will lead to level flight problems. I went through the fleet and found other areas of binding and fixed them too.
Today I drilled out the other two venturis I got with the Evo. .36 and installed an OS spray bar in one and a Super Tiger NVA in the other. Both venturis are the same as the other engine got two smaller ones. Anyway the two units are different in diameter and will give different fuel flow rates. I have to choose the best one for power and fuel economy.
I had to order some balsa for the Lightning 20-10 as the stab. has a core sheet and other pieces added to the top and bottom. Ribs top and bottom too and it tapers root to tip and front to back. That will be a lot of sanding and carving.

No comments: