Monday, November 22, 2010

Scratched one up today.

We went to the dog track around noon today. I wanted to try the new plane as I renmoved the stock muffler and put a tongue muffler on. It was running too slow but should have done a loop instead of coming through the circle duffing in inverted. It took 3 hours to get the rudder back together and on the plane. I had to splice a lot of balsa back in place and run some glue into the cracked balsa. It's going to need a re paint too. I flew the Snow Fox next and got a decent pattern in with the winds. This plane really holds altitude nicely coming into the wind.
I got the bell crank installed in the Lightning wing and flase ribs glued to the foam. When I get tired of building I can start sanding. I almost got two gallons of fuel used up. One a month is what I have planned for.

No comments: