Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More findings.

I got home from horseshoes around 1330. We packed up and headed for the dog track. I brought the Pathfinder that hadn't flown in a year or so and the Snow Fox that I had the sticky ball link on. I flew the Pathfinder first and it flew well but the handle spacing is too wide. I'm using the same handle for all planes at the minute. It ran out of fuel early and the fuse. was a mess so I think there is a leak in the tank. When I hooked the Snow Fox to the lines and tested the controls I could feel a drag on the lines. I flew it anyway and got a full pattern out of it in spite of the draggy lines. When I retrieved it I worked the leadouts and could hear a squeak when the lines moved. At home I cut into the wing and had to cut 4 ribs for the back leadout and 6 ribs for the front leadout. I had to cut holes in the leading edge sheeting but they got covered with trim kote. A large patch on the wing and it's ready to go again. Rain and wind for a couple days though.

No comments: