Friday, November 5, 2010

Rain stopped for a minute.

I've been working on painting the new plane during the rain. The forecast said the raain would slow during the day and the wind forecast went up to 10 to 20. While it was sprinkling I noticed the wind was calm. I waited for it to stop and headed for the dog track. I had made some minor changes to the PT-23 to try and get it to be stable in level flight. I got in two flights and it was more stable than it had been but that may be because of the light winds. Anyway I measured the thrust line and found a bit of up thrust. I added a .015 shim under the front lugs of the engine. Now I need to test that change. I almost put in one of the new needle valve asm. but kept the OS unit. I did clean the in line filter.
I got the new plane painted in the scheme of Prettner's Calypso. The wing will be different as the original pattern doesn't fit with a control line plane.
I started the snow blower to see if it would still run and it started on the first pull. I have to put some air in the tires of the old one and get that running too.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Nice to know that the old track-blow is still running well. Bought that in February 2001.