Sunday, October 3, 2010

Getting back to normal.

After the Wrentham contest I needed to tweak the Padre a bit for some reason. I've been trying to get it back to the way it was ever since. Flying the PT-23 changed the feel a lot. I gave up on it and only flew the Padre for the last two weeks. Yesterday we went to the new school in Sterling and the winds were not that bad. I lost line tension several times and the lines snagged a weed on takeoff causing the plane to fly across the circle and regain tension a bit before crashing. I had engine run problems between upright and inverted so I re did the fuel tank and the prop had some minor damage on the ends so I put on another new one. The old one lasted all summer. I went to the dog track this morning before the winds got out of hand and got in a flight. The engine run was very good and line tension was very good all through the pattern.

No comments: