Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Slippery Tuesday.

I added some graphics to the ARF and started painting the fuselage yesterday. I put two coats of paint on the fin/rudder and it covered very well. The flaps and elevator are hinged and the flaps have had the pin pulled from the hinges and removed for shipping. I still have to clear coat the fuse. and align the wing and stab and cut away any covering that will be in the final glue joint. I had to make the shipping box longer as this wing is two inches longer than the Vector. Should work out all right. I've been looking at the Vector and will remove the covering and change some things to make it look more like I built it. Wing and stab and rudder tips maybe move the canopy forward and change it's shape. I already did away with the fiberglass cowl and made balsa sides so the engine is in the open air but hidden from the sides. I can get a look at the control leadouts to make sure they are not hitting anything inside the wing. With the rain on the snow there should be a crust when the temp goes down. I may be able to fly off the crust at the school. I just had an idea on the ARF. Remove the graphics and paint on a flowing design over the bare covering then clear it. Then again I could add a second layer of covering over the painted areas.
I had found a thermometer at the dump a few years ago and never bothered to use it. I found it was way off and there was a screw on the back that moved the face so I moved it so the temp read what the temp was and put it in the basement shop. 55 degrees. Probably should have left it in the garage. Or turn the screw up 15 more degrees.

No comments: