Sunday, January 2, 2011

Indian winter?

The temps have been in the 40's and 50's for the last few days. I used it to get in some flying and trimming on the Padre. It's flying better than before the mods but still not as good as the Twister. I made it to the club field for the first flight of the year. For the first time the parking area was full and there was planes in the air. Very light winds helped a lot. I got in a once around the field flight and headed for home. We went to the school in the afternoon and got in 3 flights. I had installed an OS .46 on the Padre. I found that I had originally made the plane for the OS engine and didn't need an adapter. I've made a few tweaks last night and hope to test them today. It's quite foggy now but is supposed to clear up around noon.
I found some clear iron on covering that comes in 100 foot rolls or more. $35.00 a roll and it's 15.5 inches wide. Plenty to cover the wings. I may cover the fuse. with it. It's treated to be paintable which is good. I may get some 1/2 ounce fiberglass cloth for the fuse too.
I started the hot rod and let it run for a half hour or so yesterday. We took the El Camino to the school. I washed the Saturn and truck while I was outside.

No comments: