Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fine weather.

While waiting for the temp. to go up we went to the movies to see the new True Grit. We have never seen the original. I've seen parts of it on TV but only a few minutes worth. The new one is pretty good.
We got home close to 1300 and packed the truck with the Twister and Padre. I flew the Padre first and it flys better than before the tail mods but needs some trimming. It hunts a bit but I was flying over large patches of snow and bare ground. I did get a full pattern out of it on the second flight. When the Twister took to the air I could tell how much better it flys compared to the Padre in it's present condition.
I'm told that the magazine that is running my article is out. I'll get my copy next week at the earliest.
The lightning is back on the front burner. I have to get some tail wheel wire. I plan to cover the fuse with paper to cover the planking on the turtle deck. After that I plan to scratch build a Twister into ARF condition and mail it out.

No comments: