Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bad weather.

I changed the hinges on the new plane. I went to monokote hinges and left them a bit loose. There's more travel in the elevator now and the gap is sealed.
I called Year One about the right side mirror on the El Camino. I doesn't articulate enough to let me see behind. I put it off for a long time but got to it today. They are sending me a new one, no charge and I don't have to send the old one back. They have had other complaints about the same thing on these mirrors. It will work fine on the left door. I also tried to get a new speedometer drive gear from TCI. They want the number of teeth on the output shaft. I will have to take the tail shaft housing off to get that info. I don't think they are right as GM wouldn't use more than one type of output shaft for no good reason. The same number of teeth on every shaft would make manufacture a lot simpler. I put the old gear back in. I have two more numbers to call when I get to it.
The Twister is coming along. I removed the flaps and will make new ones as the covering made a mess of the wood when I removed it. I'm still filling and sanding the fuse. Instead of building new planes I can re build and re paint the old ones.

No comments: