Wednesday, December 29, 2010

First flight in a year.

I put the clear coats on the Padre this morning. I hooked up the controls and installed the landing gear and engine. We checked out the new school on the way home from Lizzy B's this morning. Not much snow on the grass. I loaded up the Eagle 63 and support stuff and went to the field in Dayville. Not much snow on the runway or pits. I had to carry from the Bolmet parking lot as the snow plow blocked the entrance to the field. I poured hot water on the engine and it started first flip. I got the plane off the ground and it is underpowered but flew around a couple of circuits and I landed. I wanted to see if it still flew before the new years day first flight. The old Enya .35 won't run on the control line fuel and wants 15% nitro. Forecast is for 40's on Sat.

No comments: