Saturday, December 18, 2010

Carb. trouble.

We packed a plane in the El Camino and headed for the Woods' to bring a gift. The car was running rough at idle. It ran well above idle so we went to Oneco. It started hard and we returned home and transferred things to the truck. I got in two good flights and one roofer. A too low pull out from the outside square loop. Broken prop and a scratch on the canopy. I replaced the prop and flew again without a problem.
I checked the float bowls for capacity and found the rear bowl was full and flooding the engine. I removed the carb. and removed the float bowl and everything checked out fine. I had a spacer from Burlington, VT show and put that on while the carb was off. It went on hard and I drilled the holes a bit bigger but could have gone even bigger. I started the car and it ran fine.

No comments: