Thursday, December 2, 2010

Test flights.

I loaded the new plane and the Primary Force into the El Camino and headed for the old field. I had mixed 6 ounces of fuel with lower oil content for the Evo .36 and I wanted to check the new hinges on the new plane. I also shortened the elevator horn for more of a turn. I gave the engines the hot water warm up treatment and first up was the new plane. Very hard corners. I lowered the horn when I got home. The fuel mix worked a lot better in the Evo .36 but the winds are too strong to do much. I think it wants a different fuel tank as it speeds up as the flight progresses. It did it on the other fuel too.
I tried to check the trans fluid level when I got home but the chrome dip stick is useless for this. I had an original for the TH-400 but it's too long. After some filing and brazing it is now just right. I lowered the cap and rubber seal to match the 350 dip stick. Not hard at all. Now I can see the fluid level.

No comments: