Friday, December 17, 2010

Cold but light winds.

I had been wanting to take a can of marker spray paint and the tape measure to the field and mark my circle in the un mowed grass to see where it goes. I also have been wanting to have copies of the Twister plans made and kept forgetting to do both. Today I finally got it together and did both. I got in two flights on the Twister and marked the circle at 70 feet and 55 feet from the center of the flying circle. It takes in the whold Heli pad and curves around to the end of the runway. Not bad now but in the summer the alfalfa will be in theway if the whole bunch isn't mowed.
I stopped at the new Staples in Dayville and got two copies of the plans made. Now I got one to cut up I got the flaps for the Lightning made and carved. I installed a plywood mount in each flap for the joiner wire to fit into and a piece of tubing in each so the wire is snug and the flaps are removable. I have to mount the wire joiner and then I can install the wing. My biggest problem is coming up with color schemes. The Tower hobbies book has real fancy designs with all curving lines and I want simple stuff with mostly straight lines.

No comments: