Saturday, December 11, 2010

Great flights.

Generally at the school the winds are stronger than other places as the school is on high ground. Today there was no wind to speak of and the temp. was in the low 40's or so it felt. The Evo .36 ran well but I don't think it needs less oil as the run was the same either way. Needs a little tweaking. The Twister flew great. Level flight is stable and it corners very well with the larger elevator. Coming out of a corner the plane stays put where before it would bobble and climb a bit. I tweaked the flaps and got a full pattern on the second flight. I flew another just to be sure. I twisted the wing and ironed the wrinkles out so I can put the flaps back straight. Hope it worked. After the first flight with the Twister I found the tail wheel at the start point. Didn't really need it I guess. I put a 11 x 3 prop on the Evo for the next outing. After the last flight I was winding in the stooge string and the oil smoke was still in the air. First time I've seen that.

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

That was a calm day. Very windy here. Kept the dust on the trails manageable, though.