Monday, December 13, 2010

Gloomy day but usefull.

While at coffee this morning I noticed the winds were much lighter than forecast. I packed the Twister and headed for the field. I did a short flight to see how the wing twisting worked out and it looked fine. Then I got in a full flight with a respectable pattern. Temps. in the high 40's but dark overcast clouds that look like rain any second.
The right side mirror on the El Camino got trimmed and now I can use it to see in back of the car instead of the road side. Year One gave another one because they have others with the same complaint. The new one is the same as the old one but if I really ruined the old one I had a spare. I still have a spare. I used the die grinder and a small pointed burr to enlarge the hole the ball fits in.
UK update. The AAA came and gave an opinion on the car. It's running on 3 cylinders and the extra gas has plugged the cat. I think the fools that replaced the wiring harness in the engine compt. left a plug wire off or mixed two up. Could be a dead spark plug too. More as it comes in.
With the new year coming up I figured I would get a real r/c plane ready for the first flight shin dig. I took the Eagle 63 down and put wheels on and changed the tank and the trans. and battery are getting charged. The engine is an Enya .35 that has a messed up carb. and runs at half throttle and up. A short hop is all that is needed.

No comments: