Monday, December 6, 2010

Getting there.

31 degrees and gusting to 40 today. Bad all week.
I sprayed the orange this morning. I went to NAPA and got 2 cans of clear and a roll of fine line tape. $15.00 for the tape. 1/8" wide. I taped off the blue trim areas and applied the masking. That took 4 hours. I sprayed the blue and removed the masking leaving the fine line tape for after the paint dries. Maybe tomorrow morning. I'll use the heat gun to warm the tape before and during removal. Clear coats after horseshoes.
I was informed that my son in law bought a 1969 Camaro supposedly an SS. $12,000.00. He got miffed when I said he paid top dollar for it so I added fuel to the fire when he said it had a 10 bolt posi rear I said I had a 12 bolt. He said it has to run on Cam-2 gas I said bullshit, let me have it for an hour and I can straighten it out. I think the engine has been changed as well as the trans. It has a 5 speed now. Orange with white stripes. I have been looking at decoding VIN's and like the El Camino there isn't a lot to prove it is an SS or not. The build sheet or protect-o-plate. Brother Roy traded his truck for a Subaru car and really pissed off his wife. Richard figures he can sell the Camaro for a profit. Before or after he sells the Trans Am.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Sheesh. Tell him that you know for a fact that SS's only came with 12-bolt rears. (I don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds plausible.) Then watch his head explode.

It certainly didn't have a 5-speed from the factory. And I agree, If I can run 48 degrees total advance on pump gas in my firebird, there is no reason whatever the motor is in that thing needs high octane.

Perry Rose said...

I got a call from Ma and the deal is off now. I think I gave him doubts on the purchase. Brother Roy is a lost cause though. Here's a good one, they were awakened with Bijou whinning and the min-pin was attached. Both are supposed to be neutered.